View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #8
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Vacuum is normal most dogs I have, have been scared. You can't force her. Say she is scared of the broom you could lay the broom in the middle of the floor. Give her a treat and praise for being simi near it and then move a little closer and give her a treat and praise and keep doing that and moving closer. Sometimes you may have to work on it a little each day. The other way might be to leave some treats on or around it and walk away and let her get them on her own time. Now this part is hard and in some cases doesn't work and even I don't always follow this but don't coddle them when they get scared because then they think it's ok to be scared of the item. No picking them up hugging on them and doing the baby talk. When Callie looks at me unsure whether she should be afraid of something or looks at me like ummm I'm scared now what and I in a normal voice tell her she is fine and that seems to work for us. When there pups it's pretty important to expose them to as much as you can but you can't force them.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!