View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #7
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
If your dog will chew them I think they are great, but mine don't like them. We use bully sticks. I know some people don't like bully sticks either, because of bacteria or they could possibly break a tooth. I've found that boiling an inch of water in a cup and putting the bully stick in the boiling water for 30 seconds, makes the tip of the bully stick soft and kills bacteria. After cooling, I hold their sticks while they chew. However, Nylabones will last for years and years, at least around here.
I use Bully Sticks as well. I only buy the Barkworthies brand from Chewy.com, the odor-free ones. They don't bother me. They also don't bother Jackson's stomach and last him a while and keep him busy. They're really the only long lasting chew that he likes.

He doesn't like antlers or Himalayan's, but they're a bit too hard for my liking anyway, so that works out.

He refuses to touch Nylabones. He did chew one or two in the past, but the one that he had (a hard plastic small one), he chewed up sooo fast and it was all spikey on the edges, and cut his mouth. And then he liked the really rubber flexi ones but he was literally... eating rubber. I just didn't feel good about it.

If I had a dog that wasn't so weird, I'd love nylabones, as they would be cheaper in the long run.

Oh he does get Purina Dental Chews from Chewy.com too but he eats those pretty fast.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!