View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 03:55 PM   #26
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicgenie View Post
Nancy, why do you think I don't breed to the standard? I do, 100% breed to the standard. What are you talking about?
People come to my home to see my puppies and their parents. I do limit visitors to those who are actively looking for a puppy, however. There have been times people wanted to visit to prepare for a possible purchase at some undetermined future time. I can't entertain that. This is my home, after all, and I can't open it up for window shopping. Really, be fair.
I didn't say, that you don't breed to standard, I have no idea about your breeding program or your dogs, I said you don't care for standard, because you seem to be in favor of breeders breeding for the Parti color. I disagree that the parti color is a natural phenomenon of the breed, since they can all be traced to one kennel, but even if it were, breeding to standard is all about breeding out what is considered a flaw, not breeding for that flaw. Also, breeding to standard does involve docking the tail and I think that it's still much safer to dock then not dock, especially on those dogs with finer bone structure.

I'm sorry if I was wrong about you not allowing people to come to your home and visit your breeding dogs, I could have sworn that you said would not allow this and stood up for breeders who said that they wouldn't do it. I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear you say this, and I totally agree, that when and or even if you see someone is entirely up to you. I just think it's important that a breeder allow it, if a relationship has been established and the breeder is trusting enough to place a puppy in someone's hands, they should be trusting enough to allow them in their house. I'm am genuinely sorry for that mistake.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 10-28-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!