View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #23
magicgenie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I'm just seeing this now, but I want to point out that in any organization there are people that do things wrong and that many can find fault with. There are no organizations filled with people who are perfect. Pointing out that some members of an organization are flawed and coming to the conclusion that the organization is flawed is so illogical, that it screams of jealousy. Not everyone can belong to the YTCA, they try hard to filter people, but people join for the wrong reasons, and the ones who can't get in are often jealous and decide like the fox, that the grapes were sour.

The YTCA is similar to Yorkietalk in that it's a group of people who have one thing in common a love for Yorkies, but look how much we disagree on, does that mean Yorkietalk should disband? Both organizations go through hiccups and the sum of the whole is greater than the parts.
Nancy, this thread is a bit old, but from what I hear from people on the inside, the YTCA is still a pretty unhappy outfit. They're so very political that I'm not convinced it's passion for the breed that's driving them. Some seem much more interested in stroking their own egos, or get a directory listing.
I know some members very well though we have few in my region. I withdrew my application some time back when the membership committee expressed concern that I associate with some breeders of Parti color Yorkhsire Terriers, and that I sometimes don't dock tails. These seemed such trivial things over which to discard a potential member who was actually willing and eager to substantively contribute to the club's objectives.
I don't understand their hatred of Parti breeders. As far as I can tell the Parti cloloring is a natural phenomenon within the breed. Some of my friends breed for Parti color and I'm not willing to disown my friends for sake of a club membership. As for the tail docking, that's just pitiful.
In any case, objections to a membership application are supposed to be made in writing and forwarded to the applicant so that he/she can face their accuser, so to speak. These objections were made on the sly and I gather I wasn't supposed to know about them. Presumably it was an attempt to intimidate my sponsors into withdrawing their support. I chose to withdraw instead, feeling this was kind of creepy.
My thoughts about YTCA members: Some are very upstanding and will knock themselves out to do right by the breed. Several have admitted to me they don't participate in anything the club does and only belong for the directory listing. I know at least one who capitalizes big time on that listing to charge premium prices for mediocre dogs. She has no champions, nobody who would sell her a decent dog, participates in nothing, just pays her $25 member dues every year so that people can find her listing and feel they're getting the best.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!