Thread: My Felix
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
Felixsmom
Yorkie Talker

Default My Felix

Hi Everyone, I am trying to power through each day right now, after losing my Felix, my "Bubs". He fought an excellent fight, but my husband and I had to put him down Saturday morning. My heart has been in my throat for weeks, anticipating life without him.

We found out his liver was failing after he started having seizures. The vet said he might have 1-2 weeks left when we met with him on Thursday, Oct 23rd. We thought we might have one last weekend with him, but his health took a turn for the worse, so we made the decision to euthanize him on Saturday morning. He took his last breath around 10am, while cuddled up with me. Our vet was wonderful.

From bladder stones, to arthritis, to autoammune(sp) problems, to liver failure, Felix has been through it all. He was the happiest dog in the world though, just the most lovely friend to me. We spoiled him in every way, and loved to be part of his life. He had such a zest for life. He loved to bark at the deer and chase squirrels. His tail would wag so fast when he was excited, we could hardly see it, LOL.

Felix was my first dog, and my best friend.

I just wanted to take a moment to tell people who relate to the weight of this loss. Fellow doggy lovers, who let their lives revolve around their pets. Felix brought out my tenderest side, and he was my absolute best weakness. I feel so lucky to have shared 9 years with Felix. He went to work with me, worked out with me, traveled with me, slept with me, ate with me. I am happy to say that he did not have one moment in his life when he felt unloved or alone. He knew he had us wrapped around his paw from moment one.

I hope this intense sadness wears down, but I also am so afraid of forgetting his little details. How he smelled, how his bark sounded, how he walked, how he would hop around in the snow, how he would tap on the door to be let out, how he would give me a deep impatient sigh when he was waiting to be fed. He had so many little things that made me love him.

Hug your Yorkie extra long today for me, and throw the ball just one more time.
Felixsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!