View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #14
LunarBerry
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabieChloe View Post
Also, LunarBerry is right, they have travel kits but not for the Code Secret If anything, I'd get the Silk Line. Anything that I see with the word silk.. I automatically think that's for yorkies, lol.

Travel Kits
I was eyeballing the silk line, myself, but was also debating between that and the H2O and Oatmeal/Aloe. If could find more reviews on those products, especially the code secret (which I'm assuming is new?), I'd be more than willing to pay the extra cost. My girl may not be a show dog but I want her to shine like a star, as well as feel like one XD If I like it enough, I would take it to the groomers with her :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabieChloe View Post
The crazy thing is everyone I know who has used/tried the Paul Mitchell says the same thing about the dry skin!
I think it just doesn't seem to sooth her as I would like, does pretty decent on her coat (somewhat shiny but not glossy). Probably best for dogs with sensitive/normal skin only but not itchy/other problems. I had a customer of mine recommend Denorex shampoo for humans (I got the extra strength) at the recommendation of his groomer, said it did wonders for his dogs and his parents' dogs. So I've used it once before by mixing some in the shampoo I have (figured to start small, just to be safe) and saw some results that she wasn't scratching as much. Had her treated at the groomers last time and she did well but she started scratching again within a week. Today, bathed her but used half/half this time of her shampoo and the Denorex (let it sit for a couple of minutes more), also went much more generous with her conditioner and didn't rinse the conditioner as thoroughly, just enough to still have some. And so far she's been almost scratch free in the last few hours, but won't know for sure till more time passes, but I do believe that the Denorex has actually helped a lot and I will certainly keep a bottle on hand for days she gets extra itchy (it supposedly conditions too). I also tend to wrap her in her towel for a good while after bathing, which keeps her warm and the moisture/product still can soak in better. I would just hold her and she'll take a good nap till I release her lol. I take the opportunity to try and comb/brush her face to work any left over gunk out, I use a human baby comb & brush. When I unwrap her I'll brush through her hair with those and she'll be so sleepy that she'll not fight me as much (she'll actually accommodate me by stretching out her limbs), as long as I keep making it feel pleasant.
But in the end I'm looking for something that'll make her coat shine, her skin supple and doesn't irritate her (and hopefully help soothe/prevent irritations).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!