View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #3
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
Yes, you can find free recipes at www.BalanceIt.com and can purchase their all in one supplement to ensure the diet is balanced. There is also www.petdiets.com for info and diets for $25 to purchase. As the dogs are having some issues, you might need to do a consult but that's more costly. You could ask questions on Petdiets.com - she is a board certified veterinary nutritionist. She's helped me with home cooking for the last 6 years. I've home cooked for 14.5 years for my dogs. Both sites have a FAQ section for info. Good luck!
The other day, you mentioned a supplement that was about half the cost of Balance It, I meant to bookmark it, but I didn't. Do you know what I'm referring to?

To the OP, I know many people suggest rotating dog foods, but this can cause some problems with some dogs. In nature, there really isn't that much variety. It may be safer to find a food and stick with it. With home cooking, new foods should be added very gradually. Probiotics, I'm told do help with that though. Glad you are getting a supplement, home cooked is okay for a few weeks, but if no supplements are added they can become unnourished in just a few months, much faster than humans. It confusing b/c their needs are different than humans, and I've heard that a 5 pound yorkie needs as much calcium as an adult woman, so without some type of supplement they would become lacking. I know how you feel though, it's so confusing.

Join today and remove this ad!