View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
sandrag86
Yorkie Yakker

Default Home Cooking for Yorkies with Sensitive Tummies

Hi everyone...
I am sure this question has come up a billion times but I am just so confused as to what to do and despite reading some threads I am more confused than ever and was wondering if I could get some input.
I have two Yorkies. One is 2 years old - the other one is 6 and she is a rescue. (Lou'e and Maggie)
Both seem to be having digestive issues on and off. Currently I buy them Canine Caviar food - a holistic type - I change the flavor up every couple bags and now it's lamb and pearl millet...
Anyways...Lou'e seems to have colitis here and there...and now my second one, Maggie (the six year old) has had her second bout of HGE in less than 3 months. :/
I am at a loss as to what could cause her HGE as she doesn't get into anything and the vets are clueless as well. Lou'e...well, he can't handle too high fat/protein.

So I decided to cook for them. So I made them boiled chopped up chicken, white rice, green beans and pureed boiled sweet potatoes. I also put an OmegaAlpha Probiotic on top. I just started doing this over the weekend...but now hear that they need their kibble to get all their nutrients? That they won't get all their vitamins and minerals through this diet alone.
I then also hear that dry food isn't that great, that I should stick with wet.

I AM SO TOTALLY LOST IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!! I just want what is best for them (as we all do)...and I also want to stop cleaning the carpets every other day (lol).

Am I going about this the right way? Should I give them predominantly home cooked and then a bit of kibble? Or should I get wet food for them?
How much should I be giving them as well?
Lou'e is just under 5lbs and Maggie is 9lbs.

Any insight, or links I could go to, would be so helpful! I really am interested in giving them the proper nutrition as I am studying to become a holistic nutritionist myself...but the world of dog food is so very confusing!!

Thank you!!

-Sandra.*
(Lou'e & Maggie-Moo)
sandrag86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!