View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
Tuliprox
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Training two dogs in agility?? Possible?

So I originally decided to take up agility with my 2 year old German Shepherd as a fun way to release some of his insane amount of energy. We had already tried Schutzhund, but there were no inviting clubs nearby. Also tried Obedience but at this age he's just way too bouncy and energetic to compete. SO, I moved on to agility haha. Pretty soon though, I realized my 7 year old Yorkie might actually do better XD. Kody (the German Shepherd) has a ton of energy, will go fast, and is an extremely fast learner (our trainer is always astounded by how fast he picks things up and remembers them xD), however, he does not have near the focus that Miley (the Yorkie) does. She's always been a laid-back dog, but when I was having her do some "come"s and mini jumps over the hose laid flat on the grass in the backyard today, she has considerable speed. Plus, she's also a very fast learner, was always ahead in her doggie obedience classes lol.

So, do most agility training places charge more, less, or the same amount if you want bring two dogs to class? Is this even reasonable? I don't have the two out together at home (unless Kody is on a leash and has been walked already) because Miley's turning into a grumpy old lady and she'll nip his nose if he gets too close! Kody is crate trained, but Miley isn't. Would this work? Thanks!
Tuliprox is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!