View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 09:42 AM   #5
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByJezebel View Post
Ditto about McAfee and Norton slowing my computer down. I have been using Microsoft Security Essentials since it came out and have had zero problems. No bogged down PC! About a month or two ago -- out of curiosity -- I downloaded and ran Malwarebytes and it found nothing.

If you need to remove McAfee or Norton, it is a two step process. First, remove it through the add/remove program in your control panel. This removes MOST of the program, but both of those sneaky software companies leave little remnants behind that cause conflicts with your new antivirus software, IMO to make you think you need to go back to using their software. To get rid of that last little bit, you will need to go to their website and search for their removal tool (free download) and run it and that will get rid of those last pesky bits.
This is great to know! I have no computer skills so anything that is done to my computer has to be done by my computer guys shop! But I will remember this in case anyone mentions having an issue getting rid of either of these!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!