Thread: Success!
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos View Post
I don't know that he needs to be on a GI diet. I'm going to try to transition him to non prescription food when this bag starts getting low. He gets bits of apple, chicken breast, or these organic biscuit things I found.
Is their any skin on the chicken breast, skin is high in fat and can cause diarrhea, also processed lunch meats are high in salt and sometimes fat. Remember, that the word organic has little meaning in the pet food industry, they are trying to make some of the same laws that they have for human foods, but right now it has no meaning. Even in the human food industry all organic means, is that natural forms of fertilizers have been used, like manure, instead of the individual ingredients of manure like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. Natural fertilizers are thought to be better for the earth, but that doesn't mean they make healthy or safe food. For some companies, it's just a "buzz" word. In human foods, no chemicals are used on the crops for controlling insects, but this doesn't mean that the organic biscuits don't have other things that could cause a problem. Remember, no seeds or stems of apples, and not too much, some people suggest peeling the apple.

They word organic may now have some legal definition in the pet food industry, last time I checked it didn't, but it sounds like it means the same as with human foods.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 10-25-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!