View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 04:01 PM   #37
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post

My bach degree is in nursing; my sister and her husband are both doctors --- none of us have ever gotten the flu vaccine for the very reasons stated above by WannaBe. I know a lot of people in health care and I can't say a single one of them gets the vaccine as they all feel as I do. Clearly, some nurses on this board do get it, but the vast majority whom I personally know do NOT get it and won't get it based both upon its efficacy and potential effects.

To each their own. If it makes you feel better to get, by all means, continue to get it.

I have no idea how to double quote, but I totally agree with "WannaBe" and then Ann's post.

I worked with a nurse years ago that was involved in the research end of flu shots....she told me then....I was in my 20's...."dont ever get that shot...you KNOW how long it normally takes the FDA to approve vaccines and medicines...they throw this stuff together, shake it up and send it out every year!" It was a year or so later that all those people came down with Guillian-Barre' from flu shots.....and that was the icing on MY cake! I went all those years and never got the shot and told everyone in my family not to get it.

Now, 36 years later........

I almost died last year from the flu....I seem to get it every year, but it has always been mild, and easily manageable or at least tolerable. Well last year was a killer and it took me from Thanksgiving until March of this year to get over it, with hospitalization and then continued out patient IV antibiotics daily.....I obviously can not do that again, with my son and my babies....so I broke down and took the shot with MUCH reluctance.....I have not had any reaction to it....my arm was achy but I think that was muscle ache from my wrist weight exercises......I can honestly say I would NOT be getting it if it had not been so hard on me last year...and I still do NOT recommend it to anyone that asks me. I think is is dangerous and the risks outweigh the benefits in my mind. I like that protocol where you take 5000 units of D3 and then go up to 10,000 units when people around you start getting the flu! It worked great for me for years....then I stopped taking it that last year when I retired and felt I didnt need it because of limited exposure! Wrong move!!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 10-24-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!