View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
smelcerk
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Mia might just be gifted

I think my baby might be gifted. Almost afraid to jinx it by bragging but potty-training has been shockingly easy so far. I was led to expect it was going to take forever and be very difficult but she has been a dream. Made the decision to go with outdoor pottying instead of pee pads. After the first day of peeing on every square inch of carpet and not going outside once, I decided to use the crate method with lots of treats. Also, borrowed my daughter's yorkie for the week to be her teacher/mentor. I let her out of crate, say "dogs out" in a happy voice and we all run to the backdoor, ring the bell I have hanging on the door, and out we run to the grass. I say "go potty Mia" and she does each and every time. Then dancing and treats and playing like crazy people for 30 minutes of so and then we start the cycle all over. No accidents in the house yet. I am sure they will come as we stretch the time outside of the crate but for now I am just thrilled with how smart my girl is. P.S. My daughter's yorkie who has never had a bell on the door before has also started going to the backdoor and ringing the bell just from hanging out with us this week. Best dog breed ever.
smelcerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!