View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #16
LunarBerry
YT 500 Club Member

As much as I would be tempted to try to "bring back the dead" through cloning, I know I just wouldn't do it because, like others have said, it may look like the same pet, but it isn't really were it matters (it would actually make me sadder just knowing that). Also the thing with cloning is, unless they perfected how to manipulate genetics, if you're dog had a disease or health problem, the clone could very well have that, too. Or if there's the genetic potential, but your original didn't have it, the clone could have it.
If it was something more along the lines of artificial insemination or maybe even using the cloning method to create an actual descendant and not an actual "copy", I might be more inclined knowing that a bit of my furbabies will continue to exist but not be an attempted replacement of the original.
It's certainly an interesting subject to talk about, but personally I'd not do it. My yorkie girl is currently intact (but she'll be spayed in a couple of months) and as tempting as it is to have at least one litter with her, by the time I'm ready for another pup, she'll be too old and I'd rather not risk her health over it in any case. So she'll be fixed. If they have a method to create descendants and not copies from fixed pets, I would be more likely to be tempted.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!