View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
spydergurl69
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 Is my yorkie being aggressive or playing? Please Help!

Hello to all! I need some answers and quick! I don't want bad behavior to go on if indeed it is bad behavior! I have a 6 year old male neutered yorkie (who was never socialized due to living so far away from anybody or anything) and I adopted an 11 week old female silky terrier! She is such a doll! I have had her for exactly a month now. At first he didn't want anything to do with her. Now every once in awhile he will roll on the floor and let her jump all over him but growls kinda while she is doing it. They will play tug of war sometimes. But now he is posturing over her and pushing her down with his neck. He bites at her sometimes when she is being a little too much in his face but he has never really bit her. She will chase him and he will bark and growl but then he will chase her everywhere and bark and growl excessively when she goes under the recliner chair. But she comes right out like it doesn't bother her at all and goes over to him and bites at him and runs so he chases her! She runs fanatically through the house with him on her heels! She does submit to him sometimes. I know him pushing her down with his neck is him showing her who is boss. We are in the process of getting back our alpha role ourselves due to bad training on our part. He is fully obedience trained but still sometimes just doesn't seem to listen! Is he being mean or is he playing? His tail wags sometimes but I heard that just because their tail wags doesn't mean they are happy! It does wag rather stiffly sometimes. Anybody else with this problem? Will they ever really get along happily or are they doing okay? Please help me to help my babies!
spydergurl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!