View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
Huxley
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 036 Tips for the second addition?

Wow it's been a while since I've been here and now my username is no good because i am adding another furbaby to the mix in a week

Huxley is just about 1.5 years old now and i finally convinced the hubby that he needs a friend so we are picking up his brother from another litter in just over a week and i'm very excited but nervous at the same time. I want them to get along obviously and I've been reading up ways to help that process but i'd like to hear it directly from those who own more than one, what they did to make it easier, and any tips and advice to help the transition.

Huxley loves other dogs, he doesn't show any signs of possessiveness, in fact other dogs that have been at our home don't allow him in his own bed sometimes or they chew his favourite bone and he is okay with it (mean doggies!). He does do the dominance "bull stance" (kicking back his legs) occasionally with other dogs but then he just plays with them so i guess he is a bit dominant, perhaps he will be the alpha? He is neutered and Finley will be too when he is old enough.

When we got Huxley, i really didn't think i'd get another dog but man they are addictive haha.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!