View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 07:33 AM   #9
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickensmith View Post
I haven't tried anything other than her probiotics....but I will talk to her vet about the pumpkin/fiber. In dogs is fiber to help them go or firm things up? Cuz she definately doesn't need help going haha. So would her sensitive tummy be a genetic issue? Could there be some underlying genetic intestinal issue I should be concerned about?
Fiber could help regulate either imbalance, really. If the tummy issues continue on and on, you might then consider whether she has IBS/IBD...could be possible.

Quote:
So I really adore winnies vet....she called me. She saw I had brought a fecal and that I had an appointment for tomorrow....which was with another vet there (didn't realize that) and she's not gonna be in tomorrow. She asked me to bring winnie in and she would do a "follow up xray" free of charge....she said that there is a slight inflammation of her intestines which she feels is the upset from her food....she has no temp, is highly energetic and looks good otherwise. So we are going to transition to a grain free food and she did say I could add pumpkin each day and that may help as well....but would like me to do the food alone first and then add pumpkin later so we know if it's the food change or the pumpkin helping her. She is scheduled for a follow up in two weeks for another xray and general check. I did check out the nature's logic and my only issue is I like to be able to buy the food locally....I'm not a huge fan of Internet buying.....@ Wylie's mom....I'm was wondering if you could give me some feedback on Authority grain free puppy chicken and potato. The only thing I can see plainly is that it's general puppy food and not specific to breed/size. Does this make much of a difference if the kibble is small enough? I've attached the link to the food description from petsmart.

Authority® Grain Free Puppy Food
I don't know much about the company, which can matter - but I looked at the mini-bites formula and it def looks decent . So glad you got the xray - that's helpful and it does tell you that something might be going on here.

Quote:
Hello again!! I noticed I've posted on this more than anyone else hehe sorry for that....but....Winnies vet called me back again and said she had been pondering what we talked about and wondered if the protein was the problem...all of her food so far have had chicken in them...except the i/d. Which she did fine with....so she suggested trying a different protein. So I went and got simply nourish sweet potato and salmon...and will start transitioning her tomorrow. Hoping she will like it!!
Your vet sounds really awesome, btw, what a keeper! GREAT thought to change the protein and/or carb source. Fish is actually one of *the* most digestible protein sources for dogs...it's a nice lean/light protein. And sweet potato is a nice carb too.

I hope your kiddo improves on the new food...tummy issues are just so frustrating. Keep us posted!

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!