View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #1
chickensmith
YT 500 Club Member

Default Winnie ' s ongoing tummy troubles....

Hello all!! Winnie has been on hills ideal balance since her mushroom incident. Before that she was on Blue buffalo. On BB she always had soft poo. Even with probiotics. When she was on i/d she had the most normal poops I have seen from her. The first week after 9/19 (the mushroom incident) she did perfect....nothing but i/d. Throughout the second week I slowly introduced the new food. Still....wonderful. but in the last couple of weeks being on nothing but hills IB and her probiotic powder it has slowly regressed....she poops 3-4 times a day...and at least one of them is very soft and ends in mucousy/watery (starts off normal...ends this way in one go). She does have normal poops as well. She still gets a probiotic every day....and is being withheld any treats. Although no matter how diligent I am it seems she finds something naughty to eat. I have an appointment with her vet...but wanted to get some back up from experienced yorkie parents!! I dropped off a stool sample and the fecal still comes negative. Her overall health and spirit is typical...she's very energetic. Eats like a pig. Drinks plenty of water. Urine is normal. Her only issue is the poop. Is it typical for yorkies to have such sensitive stomachs? Is this a genetic thing? We have always had dogs since I can remember...mostly mutts. And I've had two dogs as an adult raised from pups. And a third senior adopted dog. Now winnie makes four....and I've never had a dog with such tummy issues. I didn't want to go grain free right off the bat unless it was necessary....but I'm kinda thinking this may be what I need to do. Like I said....we have a vet appointment tomorrow and if she doesn't feel it's something else I'm thinking we will try grain free.....does anyone have any input? This little girl is stressing me out!!
chickensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!