Thread: Our little man
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #1
My lil friend
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Our little man

Almost 2yrs ago I posted about our grandpuppy that lived with us.
SKITTLES who was diagnosed with a heart murmur.
We always called him the worlds oldest puppy. He took his meds ,was always excited about life, loved to bark and chase the squirrels. He even traveled with us in the RV ,his last trip was when we made the trip to Virginia Beach to pick Kenzie up to add her to our family,this time last year.
I just could not post this until now. A week ago he suddenly started coughing until he was in respiratory distress. A vet visit ,including several xrays showed that his body cavity was filled with fluid. So a second heart med and lasex was added. This was on Friday a week ago. He started doing better. He and I spent Saturday together. Sunday was even better,Monday at the vet showed no more fluid in his system. Then Tuesday evening he began coughing a bit,Wednesday he had several coughing fits. His breathing changed,just not enough O2 in his system, his trachea was collapsing from the coughing and the pressure of his enlarged heart.
So Thursday morning at 11:50 am Mr. Skittles (the rolly,polly puppy) , yes this was actually his registered name, passed over the rainbow bridge with the help of our vet ,me and his owner my oldest DD.
Although I will miss him very much. He isn't looking at me with eyes that say "I don't understand what is happening to me". I did get to see him run one more time in my backyard the Monday before his passing.
His half brother is our Buddie , owned by middle DD. He has become very clingy. Poor baby has seen the passing of his twin and then his half brother,both of which he had been with sense the day he was born.

I would like to thank LadyJane for her caring and tenderness. She met Skittle just before he was first diagnosed and would check on him frequently. Thank you also for being there for me last week when I really needed to speak with someone that I knew understood how I was feeling.
My lil friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!