View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 09:10 AM   #118
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opium88 View Post
I thought the same thing, but the Wellness was a lot dryer, and my dogs looked at me like i stole Christmas every time i put it down. I ended up going back to RC and they got their Christmas back, lol. Also, with the Wellness, their coat lost its shine and became noticeably dry and drab looking right away. even adding salmon oil didnt help. So I stick with RC.
You may want to just consider waiting to see if there is any adverse effects with the "new" formula RC....changes to watch for would be coats will get oiley, smelly, or pups may have gastric upset, or they may just not go to it with the enthusiasm they did before.( My cousin that has one of my retired studs, can not afford to feed RC, so she switched to a brand she can afford....the dog deconditioned within 6 weeks...coat was oily, smelly, and stools were stinky....I buy the RC for her so she could get Ace back on the RC, and he turned right around within 2 more months.) That is what I am going to do. With the changes made in the formula, there is not going to be damage to internal organs...dogs have eaten MUCH less healthy dogfood, with all the worries of quality control, for their entire lives, with no issues and done just fine, even excelled! You will notice deconditioning issues first, if any changes made in the RC are going to affect your pup. If you see any issues or adverse effects, then jump into the quandry of switching around all the dog food brands, all the confusion, all the expense, all the issues changing dog food has on your pup, because it will have become necessary for the health of your pup. Otherwise, I personally am going to stick with what has worked for me all these years.....even with the changes on that ingredients list, I do not expect any problems...if it aint broke, dont fix it....but if there are changes in my dogs, I will change immediately! I am a loyal RC user, but my dogs are the reason for that! I certainly dont get a dime from the company for my loyalty....but my dogs are in excellent health, so I guess that is enough of a "reward" for me! If THAT changes, there is absolutely NO reason for me "to stay with the one that brung me to the dance"!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 10-19-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!