View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #14
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Thank everyone for the tips and good information. Yuck! My stinky truck is still present - worse in the mornings while the dew is still out though it was quite a bit better this morning. Thursday morning, as I was walking up to it, I could still smell vinegar through the window-cracks at the top from about 2 feet away! When driving it with the AC on Friday afternoon, I was not that aware of it but that could have been a case of nose-blindness after a while.

I went to two detail shops yesterday to have the carpets cleaned but both were full, as were two full-service car washes!!! I should have known better than to go on Friday afternoon. Since finding the spill I have I'm leaving it outside with the windows open 2" on either side. The carpet on the driver's side behind and under the driver's seat still smells of vinegar when you first open the doors and lean down close to it still, despite Pete cleaning it Wednesday night with his professional foaming car-fabric/carpet cleaner, drying it with towels and vacuuming it.

I've left baking soda in pans sitting on the front seat and back storage area three days and nights but then ran out of fresh baking soda. I'm going to try speaking baking soda and powered carpet cleaner on it after I go to the store. Until I deodorize it some more and get it professionally cleaned a couple of times, I guess it's just going to smell when it is damp outside but it is getting better. It still smelled like new-car inside until this happened.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!