View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 03:22 AM   #4
pspin1975
Senior Yorkie Talker

Yes, that totally works. I lined the bottom of my baby's crate with some (clean) fleece pjs of mine. Also, what I use to do when he started to cry in his crate is that I would lay down on the floor in front of his crate and sleep. I wanted him to be able to feel like I was there and slowly he began to learn to sleep through the night. It'll take a few days before he doesn't cry, remember he's in a new environment with a fairly new person, etc. I know you're suppose to let them cry, but he misses the warmth from his mommy-so you are now the one to provide that warmth and comfort he needs. Just be patient (it's heart-wrenching, I know) but he'll get use to it. Also, make the crate space just big enough for him to be able to move and sleep (not enough to run and play in though.) and drape a blanket over it. One more thing, see if it's that he has to go to the potty (Louie use to cry sometimes and I thought he was just wanting attention) and it was because he had to pee, I'd wake up and find his crate all wet. Try not to feed your baby 2-3 hours before bedtime. Just a tip that has worked for me.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!