View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 05:19 AM   #15
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

so sorry you lost your lil Shelby at such a young age. I had to put my lil girl down at age of 17 y/o, I am blessed to have had her that long, but still it was not long enough,I thought she would be with me until she was 20, she had Cushings disease for appox 7 years but was doing very good on meds. Then one day she just stopped eating. After 24 hours of no food I took her to my vet, they kept her for 7 days, everyday I received a call from the tech. all promising reports that she would be home soon. She was battling diarrhea, not eating, was on IV. Evey day I would visit her, everyday I saw she lost more weight. I asked the tech to be truthful with me, would she be coming home, the tech said YES. Day 7 I received a early call, the tech said to come in and say my good-byes, I had to put her down, her body organs were shutting down, diarrhea was just pouring out of her. I was in total shock, 6 days of positive reports, day 7 called to say my good byes. The pain in my heart was severe, she was not my first pup I had to put down, there were 3 before her, the pain does not get easier. I went to the vet, held my lil girl, whispered in her ear mamma loved her, held her tight so she would know I was still with her, then the tech ended her pain, how I did this is beyound me, but I had to be there for her. I know the pain you were in. I didn't want another dog, I am getting to old to suffer such severe heart pain. I donated all her things and things from all my past pups to my local no kill shelter. I cried for 6 weeks, my house was so empty, I couldn't drive my car. my mind would always go back to that phone call, and holding her in my arms. I was a hazard on the road. 6 weeks after having to put her down my vet called, the just received a 3 y/o male rescue. Long story short, I took him home, he filled that void in my life, filled that hole in my heart, and made my house a home again. Oct 1st was one year I had to put my lil girl down, Cody has helped me get through this. It is wonderful that you opened your heart to love another lil baby, it is amazing how much they help you heal. I have my little memorial of my Matese, it will stay forever, I miss her everyday, but my lil boy, my first boy is always there to cheer me up when I get down. Your Ali will do the same for you. As painful as it was for you to write about your lil Shelby, thank you for sharing. Sorry for such a long reply, I just wanted you to know I feel your pain, because I went through it, the shock, the guilt if I had known I would have held her in my arms 24/7, but like another member wrote, pups feed off our emotions, there was a reason no signs were given, those last days with our babies were normal ones, and happy ones for our furbabies, not filled with fear and stress they would have had, had we known. Be blessed that you found lil Ali that needs you as much as you and DH need her. (((hugs)))
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!