View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #25
Nichelle02
Yorkie Yakker

Good luck to you! My last Yorkie used pads and then we moved on to an 'indoor potty' I'm in Minnesota and last winter we had 50 days during which the temp dropped below zero. It was a brutal winter. So, I'm going to stick with an indoor solution when my new pup arrives as it will again be winter time. On the other hand, my brother's Yorkie loves to run outside during the winter. Going outside works for her.

My last Yorkie loved to run out to the deck as soon as I opened the door. We had a heavy snow and she ran out as soon as I opened the door. Her dart back into the house was the fastest I'd ever seen her move. She was definitely not an outdoor dog.

It took us a while to get to the 'no accidents' (or almost no accidents) stage but we eventually got there. She confused the pads with rugs for a while so I had to get rid of throw rugs. But after we switched to the indoor potty it was much better.

Different solutions work for different people. With your attitude I'm sure you'll be successful
Nichelle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!