View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Omg Can I Ever Get Vinegar Smell Out of Truck Carpeting??????

Aarrrggghhhh!!! Over the weekend, I left some of my non-perishable groceries stacked in a storage section inside the cab behind the front seat. The apple cider fell over, spilled into the plastic bag and onto the carpet behind and under the driver's seat - staying there at least two or three days, depending on when it fell over and the top came off! Smelled awful when I opened the door! I took out the mats, cleaned, aired them in the sun and they smell fine again.

The carpet on that side of the truck was then cleaned with Windex(hoping the alcohol in it would keep it from getting too wet and mildew growing), rinsed with water but not enough to soak through, patted dry with towels, re-cleaned, rinsed to towel dampness and surface dried, then aired out in the wind we had yesterday with the doors open for hours. Overnight I placed open pans of baking soda in the area of the spill and closed up the truck. This morning, it still smells of vinegar when I opened the windows for more airing.

A neighbor is coming tonight with some car carpet cleaner/deodorizer and products from where he works and a wet/dry vacuum but what if that doesn't work to fully control the odor? How can I prevent mildew and possible rusting underneath the carpet?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!