View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #14
woofwoofwoof
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Update

Hi Everyone

I took Wolfie to the vet. He seemed to be doing much better. Perked up, played with his toys, and then he went into the bathroom to his pee pads and when I went in after him there was a liquid puddle of reddish brown. I rushed him in right away, taking a sample of the liquid with me.

At the vet she was not very concerned about the red. She said his intestinal tract was irritated, but he did mention parvo. He has had all his shots but I guess there is always a chance. I am neurotic about him not eating anything when we are out so I am hoping that's not it. She said he seemed very alert and energetic and she didn't think so either.

So she gave him an anti-nausea shot for the vomiting and some medicine I have to give him twice a day. They took a stool sample to test for parasites and bacterial infection. If he doesn't get any better and gets worse in the next 6 hours, she said there is a bigger chance he has parvo, or if not that, something stuck in his intestinal tract like a piece of a toy.

He never really eats his toys, he chews them and if he rips them, spits it out, but there's always that chance. But he was very energetic, wanted to talk home, which isn't too far so I let him. He did another bloody liquid poo on the way home.

So now we wait and see. She said she would have pushed the parvo test if he was limp and lethargic but that bc he was alert and energetic she said it was up to me.

I hope he is okay. He seems fine acting but that bloody liquid has me worried.

She said no food or water until tomorrow morning. She gave him some hydration under his skin to keep him hydrated.

So that's it for now ...
woofwoofwoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!