View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #13
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilah Charm View Post
Thank you so much for your response Linda , I really appreciate your experience and am trying not to over react until we have had some time to re evaluate. I am glad to have the knowledge that liver shunt can actually be asymptomatic but gosh I hope that's not the case for lilah! We did talk about the hepatitis concern but looking at the levels the pup you worked with had and lilah's elevation perhaps that is why the dr didn't think that was the issue? That is a vast difference! I will have to do some reading about what other symptom presentation I would be looking for with that. I am also reassured about the supplement she is starting and I really hope that at her retest her levels are normal.

I really appreciate the outpouring of support and well wishes for lilah, it means a lot to me and Teri- you are a sweetheart
I didn't share Teddy Bear's story to scare you. The point is that an elevated ALT does not mean LS. I have had so many pups over the years with elevations of their ALT....Teddy Bear is the only LS pup I have ever had and his ALT was not elevated! So, hopefully that might put your mind at ease.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!