View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 07:27 PM   #11
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Try not to get too upset over this. Liver enzymes are often elevated for unknown reasons. The number you gave sounds to me like it was the ALT ... 540 is high, but I have seen much much higher results in my pups. Recently I had a pup with 7,500. He was hospitalized and diagnosed with cholangiohepatitis. He was placed on antibiotics and he is fine now. We had his levels checked yesterday and the ALT was 100. It can go up quickly and also go down quickly. He is also on Denamarin which is similar to the Denosyl you have been given.

Hopefully she will have normal levels when you go back. The liver support is a good thing to do.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me. Please keep us posted!

Oh and BTW, often liver shunts are asymptomatic. I was not aware of that until last year when my Teddy Bear was diagnosed with one after I had him for 7 years. He had blood work every year and never had one elevation in anything! And, did not have any obvious symptoms...so it does happen! Not saying Lilah has one....just commenting on the fact that it can happen!
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!