View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
One more thing ((((((Hugs to you))))))))))
Thank you for your hugs Gemy, they mean a lot and you are always so sweet.

Just got out of the vet. Lilah's liver enzymes are more than 'slightly' elevated, they were at 570 (when she was shooting for under 100). Lilah is almost two, does not vomit or display strange behaviors on a semi regular or regular basis, additionally he has had no change in her behaviors. I asked if the elevated enzymes could reflect that lilah had possibly gotten into a toxin even though she was not displaying any indacative behaviors, she said that was a possibility. When I asked if she could have be asymptomatic and have an undiagnosed liver shunt, she said that would be very unlikely. She said that bile acid tests are usually ran to diagnose liver shunt and that based on behavior, age and history that she did not feel that a bile acid test was the thing to do at this time. The medication she prescribed lilah is called a nutrisutical (like a vitamin? A probiotoc? A digestive aid?) it is called Adenosyl. I will be looking that up. She recommended that lilah take this pill for thirty days and then we re check her enzyme levels and hopefully it was a random thing.

Last edited by Lilah Charm; 10-10-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Lilah Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!