View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #1
connie3dogs
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default ? Weird behaviour

My nearly 8 month old female baby Suki is driving me crazy with her eating .
She is the only offspring from my teapot Lou lou...( she is 17 lbs). I also have 2 irish setters.

She has never been a terribly good eater but about a month ago she would not eat and was very quiet in her behaviour. She also took to going under my hubby's desk to hide. I took her to my vet and he dis some bloods . Results were Albumin Globulin ratio 1.7 (normal 0.6-1.5) Bile acids 44.4umol/L ( normal 0.1-5.0)Her weight was 4.1lbs.

She then perked up a bit and would eat out of my hand. My hubby went away to a meeting for a week and apart from the fist day he was away she did not eat hardly anything she was eating well with the other dogs. As soon as he came back she started the same thing over again with sometimes eating . my vet spoke with the clinical pathologist who thought maybe a BAT test would be of some value. I was going back to my vet as I was concerned that maybe her liver function is not right, but I have just not had a knee operation and will be taking her back next week for him to do a BAT. Her weight is of no real worry has she is now 4.8lbs but I am confused as to whether this is a behavioural problem or a physiological one.

Shirl
connie3dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!