View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #5
Pinkypard
Yorkie Talker

Default Bad spot

I have a 16 year old Yorkie, Pinky, that had a spot similar to this one but it was below her eye and just outside of her large molar tooth. It turned out to be an infected tooth! It hadn't been very long since I had her teeth checked and coated. Hadn't noticed it before. Tried to clean off the matt but it started to bleed. Rushed her to emergency room for diagnosis. They found the bad tooth that her normal dr. took care of later. He said she had a heart mummer and could possibly not make it out of the either. The op, had to be done anyway, so we proceeded. It was worse than we thought! 9 teeth were infected and had to be removed! She made out to recovery. Took her home where she was almost lifelessness. Had to feed her the medicine, water and food through a syringe. 10 days later, she finally started to revive somewhat. Allowed her to be on the floor so she looked at her water bowl. Took a couple licks. Slowly wondered to her food which I put down as she was moving around. She ate a bite or two. Since then she is continually doing better. Still deaf and mostly blind. Extremely picky as to what she will eat! For her age, I think she is doing quite well after what she has gone through.
Maybe it would be proper to have your doggie checked for any hidden cavities which will get infected quickly. Good luck, please don't let it go through what my little doggie went through.
Pinkypard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!