View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #8
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
I think Cody was just stressed, insecure, anxious or even bored in that situation and dogs do various things to offload stress or boredom when they feel it. My Tibbe yawns when he is lightly stressed or bored. Most "professional" training sessions are 30 minutes long or more - way too long for my liking as dogs rarely can maintain much interest in training for that long. In nature, dogs don't line up for training sessions so we must keep the training very short, frequent and fun and engaging for them. It may just be body shaking is how he chose, or chooses in the future, to handle light stress or boredom.

His reaction could be something in the nature of the training techniques or tone of voice, body attitude, etc., of the trainers he interacts with cause him some degree of tension or boredom. Are they/you making the training fun, interesting and upbeat for him?
NO, he keeps lunging at the dog he is being trained with, that's why he's in obedience training, to stop or get the lunging under control. These are one hour sessions, as we all know that is to long for terrier's, they loose interest. His interest is in getting to the other dog, I think he is frustrated because he is so close to another dog, yet not allowed to meet. The trainer thinks diff. I am no trainer of aggressive behavior, I consider what she says. I will be taking him to pet supply stores, stand outside where he can see dogs trickle in and out and work in short time spans. It was the shaking off term that threw me off. Well I now have some knowledge and can start the practice on short periods at the pet stores. As always your advise / suggestions is always appreciated and used / tried. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I don't think so. Hopefully she was just joking.
NO she was NOT joking, She was more like insulted that my boy would DARE dis her like that lol. I never heard of a dog shaking you off, but these lil terriers with their "attitude" I wouldn't be a bit surprised lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
This is so off topic but this thread is making me sing shake it off by Taylor Swift
lol, I love Taylor Swift
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!