View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Computer Need Help With UPS For Continuing Wifi Service During Power Outage!

I knew my wifi router/modem was AC powered but didn't experience lack of internet service until we had a two hour power outage today during a sudden storm. My old DSL modem was electric powered also so once we had any power interruptions, I was cut off from radar and weather coverage as the NOAA or other radio coverage is practically useless during fast-moving storms. Without local radar or TV weathermen breaking in to programming and showing you what's going on, you are cut off from vital information, what's going on or any information about when to expect power restoration as local TV endeavors to obtain from local electrical service providers.

What device or other Uninterrupted Power Supply does everyone use that has an electrically-powered wifi router/modem? I need to get one of those devices but understand some are just junk while others work well and for a good amount of time. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!