View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #13
thelittleyorkie
YT Young Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi S View Post
I purchased my Yorkie from Jason and after reading this I'm completely heartbroken.

My Yorkie is 10 months today and about 11 lbs. Everyone keeps telling me he looks more like a silky terrier so I became curious. Did a little research and came across this post. When I purchased my puppy, Enzo, we had a very rough few months. He wouldn't sleep and had severe diarrhea. The vet did an overall check up on him and said that he had campylobacter, which is very common in puppies, but is healthy other than that. Treated him with some probiotics and now he's great.

My little guy is the most loving, happy and energetic pup you'd ever meet. I do not support puppy mills at all and it make me sick to my stomach that I might have purchased him from one. But then I think about what he may have been living in and the life he could have had. This makes me so happy I took him home that day. He eats organic dog food, sleeps in bed with me and enjoys play time at dog parks.

Now I just worry that if he is from a mill we may have health issues in our future. If anyone has purchased a puppy from them please let me know any issues your facing with your fur baby.
Kristi--if you are worried about health issues in the future, you should get pet insurance. Be sure to read what is covered/what is not covered under the pet insurance. I'm not sure whether or not you have to pay a bit more to cover genetic issues as well, but it is WORTH IT. If your pup does indeed end up developing genetic problems, it COULD be covered under the pet insurance which would save you TONS of money. Hope this helped!! There are tons of threads on YT about pet insurance. Just do a Google search for "pet insurance yorkietalk" and tons of threads will pop up.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!