View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
luna_kp
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Hello! I'm new to the forums, and I think my puppy's mad at me.

First off, I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Kaileigh, and my mom and I recently adopted a yorkie x maltese puppy (3/4 yorkie) named Luna. She'll be 5 months old on October 11th.

I'm wondering, do dogs get mad at their owners? I ask because we took Luna to the groomers last night, and ever since then, she's been really...unusual. For starters, when I went to pick her up from the groomers, she gave me almost no greeting - she just laid down in my arms and didn't look at me. (Normally, she's really excited to greet us, even if we've only left the room for a minute). Since picking her up, she's been much less playful, much less sociable, and much less inclined to listen to us. She's starting to come around, I think, about 24 hours after leaving the groomer, but she's still not back to normal.

For the record, the groomer said she behaved really well, for the most part. We knew Luna wouldn't like the groomer, as she's a very timid dog who likes to hide behind us, but...her hair was falling in her eyes! She needed to be groomed! The groomer said Luna bit her a couple times, but then settled down and didn't cause much trouble - she was licking the groomer in a friendly manner partway through the appointment.

(As for the biting, it's something we're working on).

Any insight would be really appreciated!
luna_kp is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!