View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #7
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Why do you feel she feels safe on the couch? Do you have another animal that is on the floor that might make her feel uncomfortable? A human?

Although adult dogs do tend to sleep a lot this seems extreme for a 3 year old dog. My Gracie is 4 and she loves going for walks and playing around the house.

Do you suppose her behavior was like this in her former home? Is she afraid? Maybe you could put her on a leash and walk he with you as you do tasks throughout your home so she feels more comfortable in different areas as well as on the couch.

My Gracie is little, not tiny, 5lbs. She can jump up and down off our couch. The couch is not terribly high but she can do it on her own. I would suspect that your little girl may have some issues with her joints if she is that fearful of jumping up or down. Some little ones cannot jump up but will jump down despite the height.

I encourage you to do activities with you little girl. Don't push her into a lot at once but maybe one new thing at a time each day. If she seems afraid then take it slowly but if she seems pained I would get her to a vet for a very detailed check up.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!