View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 10:52 PM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I am so sorry about your loss....I have been exactly where you are. I insisted my son let his kitty outside for a little while to run around the back yard...we had an 8 foot fence and I did not think she coule jump that high and go out of the back yard.....but after a couple months of enjoying running around the backyard, just like a kid, it wasnt enough for her. She jumped the fence and ran into the street and was hit/killed by a car. My son was absolutely devastated, completely heartbroken, and it was my fault for insisting he let his cat outside. I know very well the guilt you are feeling, and there is nothing I can say that will negate that.....I continue to feel responsible for that cats death and that happened in 1988! He has another kitty now, and she will NEVER see the outside! She can sit in the window and look at everything she wants to look at, but she is a 100% indoor cat. If that isnt enough for her, too bad. Like my mother used to say, "You dont miss what you have never known".....Stacie does not know outside so she can not possibly miss it. If she does miss it, she can get over it because I NEVER want to experience that guilt again. I hope you can find some peace and comfort in your memories....you loved and cared for your friend and was only trying to allow him more freedom and happiness.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!