Thread: Liver Problems
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #10
Lookingforone
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
I am really hoping that MJ gets better soon. Is it possible that he had a vaccine, medication, or ate something that could have caused the problem with his liver? I'm praying that, if it is a toxin, his liver will heal once it leaves his system. I'm very sorry you and MJ are going through this.
The last vaccine he had was given a month ago, so I don't think it's probably that.
He was on Flagyl last week for diarrhea, but went off of it 4 days ago.
I did switch his food which could be the cause of his diarrhea. But he's been eating plain chicken for 2 days before he went to the vet and now he has been on a plain diet for 4 days and still has explosive diarrhea and they have to keep him on the IV so his glucose doesn't drop.

So they are all possibilities and I don't want to rule anything out, but I don't think it was the medicine, vaccine, or food because they were all given over 4 days ago and nothing has changed.

The blood test they ran today came out good.
They said if they can somewhat stabilize his glucose without an IV, he can come home today, but I'll have to give him pills. And they still don't have a final diagnosis and that bothers me. I do want him home, but I want to know the root of the problem and after 2 days and nights of testing, you would think they would have a solid answer by now.
Lookingforone is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!