View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #8
ToniRegi
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Breeder Problems

I know this is a bit late. But I have also had numerous problems with a dog that was purchased from Glenda. Don't get me wrong, he is a super sweet boy who I love dearly, but his list of health problems is described by my vet as "very exceptional". Unfortunately, when breeders are breeding "show dogs" they "line breed" which is basically an acceptable way of saying inbreeding. They are trying to breed in the show qualities, but in turn breed in the bad issues as well. It's not just me. I know of someone else who has one of her dogs, that also has unusual but genetic issues. When I personally called Glenda about my dog, she seemed irritated that I would have an issue with one of her dogs, and said I could ship him back to her and she'd send me another dog. So give up the dog I love and have paid extensive vet bills for and get another potential problem? I declined. I love him and will do all I can to keep him comfortable until his very last day. Next time, it will probably be a shelter dog. They don't usually have the issues a purebreed does.
ToniRegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!