Thread: Liver Problems
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
Lookingforone
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unlove Liver Problems

MJ, my 6 month old puppy was wobbly and disoriented last night. Thanks to these forums, I knew that meant I needed to get him to the vet ASAP! I gave him fortical before we left.
They did blood work and kept him overnight and they are doing an ultrasound now. He was having severe low blood sugar that they had to constantly stabilize through the night. The vet said the new blood tests showed after he ate today he had really high ammonia which is a big sign for the liver problem.
The bill is at $2,000 right now. I have insurance (Healthy Paws) but I don't know what they will reimburse me for, yet.
I just came here to vent, really. And to thank everyone who has contributed to these forums. Without the information on here, I wouldn't have known the signs to look out for and he could have died last night.
I've never been much if a dog lover or even an animal lover in general, but MJ is my world. He might be the closest thing to a child I will ever have. Not many people understand that bond you can have with your dog, but I'm sure a lot of you on here do.
<3
Lookingforone is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!