View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I am very sad to her your girl was bred at such a young age. Did you intentionally let them breed? Did you witness a tie. Females usually whelp 61 to 63 days from the first tie. The female is usually ready to accept a male after the 9th day of their heat cycle. They remain in heat for 3 weeks.

As your female nears her due day she should be separated from the other dogs when you are not there to watch her. Her whelping pen should be setup away from other dogs.

How big is the female that is pregnant? Has she been to a vet?

About a week before her due day you should feel the puppies moving. As the due date nears the movement of the puppies will be easy to feel and see. A couple of days before delivery the puppies will drop and get into position.

Monitoring temperature works sometimes but not always. The best thing is to not leave the mom unattended once she is close to her due day.

Do you plan on taking time off when she is near her due date. Is there someone there that can help with the whelping?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!