View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 06:35 AM   #17
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckylil80 View Post
Hello all! So what I originally thought were cute characteristics, I am now wondering if it's normal or not.
My nearly 8 wk old "yorkie" has a brown nose and eyes that appear to be a light green color. I am wondering if this is a sign of anything I should be worried about. Also my research of these so called breeder after I bought my Yorky was alarming.

In one instance I saw that somebody actually had their Yorky pup DNA checked and it turned out to be a cross between a s**tzu and a silky terrier. I am concerned that perhaps my little one is not a Yorkie at all.

Her fur coloring and appearance seem to be "normal". She is CKC(I know not as reputable as AKC) and on the certificate it says her mom and dad are "parti" Yorkies. I saw the mom, which was "parti" and the woman just showed me a picture of dad who looked like a standard yorkie of 5lbs(so she said).

Please look at the pictures and chime in on your opinions please.
Also, the idea that the parents or the puppies are not AKC registered is a red flag. It's not so much that it's not the best registry but instead there's a REASON her puppies or parents are not AKC registered. In order to register puppies AKC (which is the US registry for pure bred dogs) both the parent and need to be AKC registered and she needed breeding rights for both parents to register the litters they produce. If this is not the case that would be a very good reason to use one of these knockoff registries with any puppies. The unregistered parents might not have had unregistered parents or grandparents. Years ago there was a breeder that come on YT and had the nerve to actually ask how to "fake" an AKC registration for a puppy she was planning on using to breed. She went on to become a very notorious breeder of "tiny teacup Yorkie puppies".

Here's a link to the CKC site. Makes my head spin. Home

Which should not be confused with the Canadian Kennel Club which is the equivalent to the American Kennel Club
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!