View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #10
teffiemoore
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I know this is an older post and I haven't been on YT in a long time, but it came here for comfort and guidance today. I have a 10 year old Yorkie . I got him at 6 weeks and he's has had severe allergies and tracheal problems since I got him...between the Vet and. I , we have managed him as best as we could and Yogi has done fair..he has been on corticosteroids most of his life, so on his little 5 lb frame, he now weighs 8 lbs....The last year and a half, his quality of life has quickly declined...he is breathless with minimal exertion. He appears to be in pain with walking. He is now incontinent daily, because he can't make it to the potty pads in time..he had a BM in his bed this morning. He lays around most of the day now and it's breaking my heart knowing where this is going.. His heart is enlarged which is common for chronic respiratory problems...I guess I just needed to post this in a place where I know others have emotionally been before to understand...I am fighting tears today, because when I start they don't stop .I am with him daily, so I know him well...I know I will have the answer I need when the time comes..until then I constantly pray for that wisdom...

Last edited by teffiemoore; 09-20-2014 at 11:15 AM.
teffiemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!