Thread: Sissy is sick
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
margaritaville
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Sissy is sick

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking what to do. I have done it already.
Sissy went to the vet with Bubba on Friday. Bubba got shots and Sissy had her microchip checked.
Friday night she threw up-a little bile and mucus but she had beenk running around like a crazy dog so I thought nothing of it. Saturday morning she threw up in bed x2 and didn't want to eat or drink, so I called the vet. I try to use the same one in the practice all the time and she had seen her yesterday and knew she was fine then. Her belly was very tender so they did a full body X-ray and complete blood work. The X-ray showed just gas and the blood work show low potassium (from vomiting) but nothing else. They gave her some subaqueous fluids, Cerenia and Pepsid and allowed me to take her home.
Yesterday, she was just lazy and hardly ate but in the evening had a little diarrhea and then again this morning. First thing this morning I called and they got her right in but our normal vet was off. Her belly wasn't as tender and the vet wanted to see if she would eat something, if not he wanted to hospitalize her and give her Flagyl and fluids. Of course she wouldn't eat the food offered (she won't take treats from anyone else so I didn't worry about that). we talked it over and I told him I wanted to take her home. He agreed and gave me the Flagyl.
When we got home I offered her her own food which she ate. She hasn't had and loose stools since.
The vet said he thinks it is a virus and something is going around as they had another dog in with the same symptoms. So hopefully things are on the upswing.
So beware if your little starts throwing up or has loose stools, call your vet right away.
Sorry for the long post but I am just starting to breathe again

Joan, Bubba and Sissy-BEWARE OF PUPPY MILLS
breathe in, breathe out, move on -jb
margaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!