Thread: swimming?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #11
MarkFromSea
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaMommy View Post
My fur baby is right at 10 weeks old. We live right on the lake of the Ozarks. We have a fenced in yard for Luna but every night we go down on the dock to feed the fish in the lake. Of course we let little miss walk down with us. She goes everywhere we go. Anyhow....she has recently discovered She is a huge fan of swimming!!! The first time she got in the water it scared the crap out of me. I was right there with her and she was just checking things out.....Then, plop!! In she jumped! I grabbed her, wrapped her in a towel and assumed she had enough of that nonsense. Wrong!! She wants in the water any chance I will let her in it. Wich is not very often. Am I being an over protective mommy? I see lots of people on here letting their fur babies swim. I would not be so concerned if she were older but she is still a baby! Also, do any of you use life jackets for your dogs? I'm going to buy one for when we take the boat out but maybe I should use it more than just on the boat? Any opinions?
I'd be overjoyed at having a yorkie that loves the water. What a whole new element of fun! My old guy went swimming on his own this summer, he was more interested in the ducks he was following than his feet leaving the ground while walking in the water. He swam, I enjoyed watching him. I offer encouragement for your youngster and my old guy to keep swimming. Bring a towel, my old guy loves the attention after a swim.
MarkFromSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!