View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #4
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Most of my mommas do not want any other dogs, including daddy, around the litter....she plays with her babies in their playpen in my bedroom....then after they have 2 vaccinations in them (11 weeks old) , I will bring the playpen into the sunroom and allow another dog to interact with momma and babies through the playpen...if this upsets momma too much, I stop and wait until she is ready to allow interaction with the other dogs, one at a time.....too many dogs clustering around the playpen, coming from all angles and sides, is too overwhelming for momma. By age 14 weeks, momma will watch them interact thru the playpen with other dogs, and she is usually very tolerant at that stage. I let my mommas dictate to me how and when they the raise their litter.....all my females are very good mommas and only as they begin to get some age on them, do they start indicating to me they are not into fooling with these puppies so intently anymore....so that female will be retired. I feel that when the ladies are loosing interest in what used to be a loving joy for them, it is time to stop breeding them!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!