View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 03:48 AM   #11
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Hey,

No problem at all.

I wish someone would have talked to me about it before I went ahead with things.

But, I actually had two Yorkies before this one and waited almost ten years in between getting another one and dedicated another full year to researching training, issues, breed suitability due to working etc and I still ended up with a dog who needs a lot more than just a few weeks training and conditioning who is nothing like my previous experience with this breed or other dogs.

I have, so far, spent £175 on ineffective training by a "dog behaviourist/psychologist" who took my money, ruined my self confidence, confused my dog and left me with the issues he said he could help with....

I will have to find another trainer but, until then, I'm still at a loss as to what to do with a few things. However, as I said before, being home with Teddy has seemed to help a lot of things a little bit. However, he still cries for members of the family even when I'm sat here with him! He paces, makes odd noises, is always high strung and restless, won't relax (EVER) and can't be left for even ten minutes in the afternoon without trying to dig through walls or pee up them....

It's very stressful and the only reason I can mentally cope with trying to help him is because I can dedicate full time to him now due to not working. My husband was not okay with having our house ruined by digging and peeing on our carpets and front door, the expenses which included me paying a trainer who didn't help after shelling out over £3k for the dog, toys, pads, crates, classes, vets bills, etc. Plus, I had to worry about him barking when I was away even though I live in a detached house - these little guys voices can carry far!

You may get a dog who adjusts really well and have no problems. It's just realizing that you may not get one who adjusts really well, or at all, and being able to deal with that in the way which is right for you and your dog.

Thanks for considering what I've said - it shows that you are very responsible and I admire that!
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!