View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #13
Silver Lace
YT 500 Club Member

Smile Poopy Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuemom51 View Post
Regarding the pooping... My Annie came from a BYB (at 4.5 months old & 3 pounds) who was keeping her in a rabbit hutch. I really had a tough time breaking her to go on a potty pad. Because of being caged, she wanted to eat it! I spend a month jumping up everytime she headed for the pad and if she pooped, I threw a "poopy" party and gave her a favorite treat! I made sure I picked it up and threw it in the toilet right away so she couldn't play with it. She now comes and looks at me and whines for me to come "look see" what she did and give her a treat! It took about 2 months to get to this point and I know I have to pay attention all the time. One time I didn't pay attention and go see fast enough and she brought it to me and dropped it at my feet! Needless to say I pay attention now!
That is so sad to know Annie was just a baby and kept in a rabbit hutch and had to potty in there. That is so sweet that she now will come to you to come and "see what I did ma". So cute that she would bring it to you to make sure you saw what she did. Of course I see that you want to make sure you see what she did so she won't put it in her mouth to bring it to you. My Joey is 4 years old and potties in a potty box and I still tell him what a good boy he is when he goes poo in his box. She seems to really be learning what she should do and that is GREAT!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!