View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 06:10 AM   #71
Silver Lace
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Most of the time it pops out and then back in. There are no study's saying supplements really help. For some they do and for some they don't so some vets say to try some don't. Even if it's a low grade it can still cause issues. One of the biggest issues is the LP causing ACL tears. I have been through LP surgery with my dog on both back legs. It's tough so I only suggested to do it if it's really necessary so you really might want to just do a consult with an orthopedic surgeon and they can tell you how bad it is and what they suggest.
Thank you Lovetodreams for answering my post. I had a toy poodle years ago that had this luxating patella and it did just what you said and popped out and them popped back in so I am familiar with this problem. She never got really bad with the problem fortunately and she was on a supplement the vet prescribed for her and it did help her. What I am not aware of I think is what is ACL tears. He is a different dog than she was and much smaller so it may or may not affect him the same way it did her.Hopefully it will not be a major problem for him. He is now over 4years old and the first time this has bothered him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!