View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #10
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I like Royal Canin but Callie's tummy just doesn't do well on it. Right now we are feeding wellness Toy the pieces are very tiny and that's what Callie prefers and she just seems to have a hard time with big pieces. She also loved the sample we got of Acana duck and pear but the pieces are just to big. I would stay away from blue buffalo. Grains are not bad for your dog unless for some reason they don't tolerate them well. I thought mine didn't tolerate them well but she is doing better on the regular foods then the grain free.
Jax had really soft poo on RC and 'fattened' up LOL - at least, for him anyway, but he also did on Fromm regular grain inclusives. Oddball.

Fromm Lamb and Beef Grain-Free he LOVES though and seems to do pretty well on, as well as Farmina Cod. Acana Duck is what he always did best on, and he ate Acana in general for over 2yrs, but I haven't tried the 'newer' formulas with him. I was a bit disappointed with the addition of a bunch of lentils, peas, beans etc. But honestly he for sure did best on Acana, always looked the best, muscle tone, stool was the best, no eye boogers, energy, etc.

In general, he SEEMS to do better on either grain-free or minimal grain or limited ingredient. Like, he did fabulous on Purina Beyond lamb - but that's only got like 9 main ingredients. And then he also does/did great on a food like Acana. lol. So I can't exactly pinpoint why he does better IMO on certain foods or not.

For Cody... I don't know, maybe the Acana Duck LID has a shot? They have a new pork food as well, and lamb. All limited ingredient.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!